Yesterday I washed my underwear and hung it up to dry on the rack on my balcony. When I returned that evening, it was gone. I peered over my balcony and there it was, sitting by the edge of the lake below my room. I went out in the dark with my flashlight to fetch it. Upon examination, the culprit was obvious; there were tiny, muddy hand prints all over it. Damn monkeys.
Determined not to let the monkeys stand in the way of clean underwear, I rewashed it and rehung it on the rack this morning. And this time, victory. Clean and dry.
When I relayed my story to Ramesh, he told me that Mousumi also used to hang her underwear outside. But the monkeys were worse to her: they fetched her undies and hung them up a tree.
What started as admiration has now turned to war. Monkeys, you're going down.
Thursday, March 13
Me vs. Monkeys: Round Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Previous Posts
- Nov 27 (1)
- Oct 31 (1)
- Oct 18 (1)
- Oct 04 (1)
- Sep 24 (1)
- Sep 19 (1)
- Sep 06 (1)
- Sep 03 (1)
- Aug 31 (1)
- Jul 28 (1)
- Jul 15 (1)
- Jul 08 (1)
- Jun 26 (1)
- Jun 13 (1)
- Jun 04 (8)
- Jun 01 (1)
- May 05 (1)
- Mar 24 (1)
- Mar 23 (2)
- Mar 13 (5)
- Mar 09 (1)
- Mar 03 (2)
- Feb 29 (1)
- Feb 28 (1)
- Feb 26 (1)
- Feb 25 (1)
- Feb 24 (1)
- Feb 22 (2)
- Feb 17 (1)
- Jan 17 (1)
1 comment:
Hi Jennie! I am really on your side in the Jennie's clean underwear vs. monkeys battle :-) After all, if they want underwear they should get their own :-P Hope you're doing well. It looks like you're enjoying your time in India so far. Can't wait for more adventures.
Post a Comment