Thursday, March 13

Fulbright Conference

Saturday morning I leave for Delhi and Jaipur, where the Fulbright is holding their annual conference. I doubt I will have internet access during the Fulbright conference, but I'll check my mail when I return on Friday, March 21.

The next week will be a busy one. Here's a look at my upcoming schedule:

Saturday
8:45am - board train for Delhi
2:30pm - arrive in Delhi, meet Rebecca, a fellow Fulbrighter who also recently arrived and whom I have been email pen-pals with over the past 3 weeks. I will stay with her in her apartment Sat night.

Sunday
6:10am - board train for Jaipur with Rebecca and other Fulbrighters
10:30am - arrive in Jaipur, check into our 5-star hotel. I'll be rooming with Rebecca.
day - meet other Fulbrighters

Monday - Wednesday
Attend conference. The days will be filled with panels from Fulbright staff and alumni, as well as 10-minute presentations from current Fulbrighters about their projects.

Thursday
5:45pm - board train for Delhi with Rebecca.
7:45pm - arrive in Delhi, spend night with Rebecca.

Friday
6:50am - board train for Dehradun.
12:30pm - arrive in Dehradun. Car from WII picks me up and I head to campus.

Saturday
The festival of Holi! People throw colored powder over each other and eat lots of sweets. I may spend the day with Alka's family, or perhaps hang out with WII students.

Sunday and Monday
Last preparations for Himachal Pradesh, meet my field assistants, and leave for Kullu.

No comments:

Previous Posts